The committee met on 19th September.
- Gardiner East EA: The City staff report on the three hybrid options (www.app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2015.PW7.3) will be discussed at the Public Works and Infrastructure Committee meeting on 22 September. No development committee member is available to make a deputation but the board haschoose written to PWIC emphasizing need for radical improvements between Cherry St. and Jarvis.
- Cityscape application: Councillor McConnell will invite the development committee to meet with her and planning staff very soon. A public information session will be held when there is something of substance to report. A larger working group will be formed to work on a revised application. Its meetings will be open to the community.
- Port lands and Villiers Island: Stakeholder and public meetings will be held over the next two months.
- Ward boundary review: GWNA members urged to attend public meetings on this issue.
Toronto & East York Community Council Area Meetings
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3, Holy Rosary Church Hall 356 St Clair Ave W, Main Floor – Room 2 10 – 12 am
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7, Metro Hall, 55 John St, Room308/309 7-9 pm
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8, Riverdale Hub, 1326 Gerrard St E, 3rd Floor - South Space (at Gerrard St E & Greenwood Ave) 7-9 pm
For information go to www.torontoist.com/2015/08/toronto-ward-boundary-review-a-primer/
- City Solid Waste Policy: The development committee sees no reason for GWNA to intervene in this discussion. Keith Veira is willing to arrange a speaker to inform member condominiums that do not currently have compost facilities on how to get them if condo boards are interested. Condo reps on GWNA board are asked to take this back to their boards.
- Mill St. renovation: Work has been delayed because of staff issues but interested City departments will soon have proposals (including measures to improve pedestrian safety at Mill/Parliament intersection) to show to neighbourhood working group. It is recommended that the group include members of the development committee and that condos on Mill St. be included.
- First Gulf Public meeting: A public session on the proposed development on the former Unilever site will be held on October 1st.at the Ralph Thornton Centre on Queen East.
- First Parliament: Working group will be called together in late October.
- West Don Lands Committee meeting: Monday 28 Sept., 7-9 at 39 Parliament St.