1. Distillery application (Beddoes) Planner Henry Tang has said that the applicant has asked for OMB prehearings to be scheduled. GWNA has asked for participant status.
Public consultations toward designating the district the status of Heritage Conservation District and developing an official plan amendment (OPA) will be held later this spring.
2. Mill St. rebuild: (Jane Robinson) Engineering issues have arisen about turn radii at corners and the alignment of the crown of the road. Technical and public realm staff are working to resolve these and work is still to start in June 2016.
3. Acura Signage (Jane Robinson) The development committee does not support the dealership’s appeal for illuminated signage on its building at 380 Front St. Jane Robinson will draft message to the Sign Variance Committee at its meeting on 22 March; to be circulated and approved by the GWNA board.
4. Transit (Michael Brewer) 514 streetcar to begin operating in June. A pilot project to improve 504 service on King Street to be in place by end of the year. GWNA will ask for seat on SAC if there is to be one.
A study for the Waterfront Reset will begin this month; phase 1 of report will be released this summer. GWNA will ask for seat on SAC.
Relief line: Michael Brewer is GWNA rep on the SAC. Public consultations to take place in April and May. Position of station at Nathan Phillips Square is difficult because of underground conditions in central city; SAC recommends station at Eastern Avenue to service the Unilever site, even if it is not fully constructed until development requires.
5. Gardiner East public realm improvements (Beddoes, Robinson, Brewer) Public realm plans currently unfunded; budget for this project should not be asked to fund already planned improvements to the Cherry/ Lakeshore (Lower Don project) and Parliament/ Lakeshore (North of Keating precinct plan) intersections.
4. Villiers Island and Port Lands (Beddoes, Robinson) There are rumours of major revisions to the draft precinct plan for Villiers Island. Julie Beddoes will ask for a meeting to inform SAC members.
5. Island airport GWNA will ask to be informed of any public consultation
6. Thornton and Lucy Blackburn Conference Centre -- Julie Beddoes attended initial meeting with West Don Lands Committee and Ontario Black History Society. Keith Veira will be GWNA representative in any further discussions over programming etc.
7. Glen Murray’s community meetings Toban Mills will attend Glen Murray’s community meetings and advise if and when committee action is appropriate.
8. Unilever development, AKA East Harbour: George Hume will be GWNA rep on SAC.
9. Report to AGM Current chair will draft and circulate.